2006 was a year in the 21st century.
In this year, Emmett Brown was signing a contract with a banker named Mr. Friedman in order to keep the Institute of Future Technology open. However, Professor Frink came back in time in one of Doc's rebuilt DeLoreans and ran Mr. Friedman over, ending the contract. After that, Doc had to sell his institute to Krusty the Clown, and was offered the job of ticket vendor for Krustyland.
Behind the scenes
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series exits Nickelodeon after May 2006.
- Sunday, May 7: Back to the Future is re-released on VHS and DVD.
- Friday, August 18: Back to the Future Video Slots arrived at Las Vegas casinos.
- The 1996 film Back to the Future celebrated its 10th anniversary on July 3, 2006.
- The 2001 film Back to the Future Part III celebrated its 5th anniversary on May 25, 2006.
- Sunday, September 10: One-half of Back to the Future: The Ride is closed at Universal Studios Florida.
- Sunday, October 1: Back to the Future: The Ride is fully closed at Universal Studios Florida to make room for another attraction.
- September 7, 2006: Back to the Future: The Animated Series celebrates its 15th Anniversary.
- July 21: James Rolfe uploads Episode 6 of The Angry Video Game Nerd which covers Nintendo and LJN games Back to the Future and Back to the Future Part II & III on YouTube.
- September 27: Thomas F. Wilson uploads The Question Song to YouTube.