An arcade, amusement arcade, or video arcade is a venue to play arcade games, pinball machines, electro-mechanical games, redemption games, coin-operated billiards or air hockey tables.
Other buildings are set up entirely as an arcade, such as Starbase Zero, which was located in downtown Hill Valley in 1986, or Super Mega Arcade World, which was located in a shopping plaza in Hill Valley in 1992.
The term arcade is also an used in architecture. In the architectural sense, and arcade is a series of adjoining arches, each counter-thrusting the next, supported by columns, piers, or a covered walkway enclosed by a line of such arches on one or both sides.
- Back to the Future Part II (An arcade is set up inside Cafe 80's)
- Back to the Future Part III (Marty mentions playing Wild Gunman at the arcade inside 7-Eleven)
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series
- Back to the Future (Harvey Comics)
- Issue 3: "Roman Holiday" (Jules and Verne mistake the architectural term arcades for video arcades)
- Back to the Future: The Game
- Back to the Future: Untold Tales and Alternate Timelines