Back to the Future Live in Concert (also referred to as Back to the Future in Concert or Back to the Future – Film with Orchestra) premiered on Saturday, May 30, 2015 at the Lucerne Culture and Congress Centre, Switzerland before being taken on a tour of major concert venues around the world in celebration of the 30th anniversary.
Audiences attending the performances were shown a special screening of Back to the Future with a live orchestral accompaniment. The original score was adapted for live concert performance and played in sync with the picture, with an additional 15 minutes of new score composed exclusively by Alan Silvestri featuring throughout parts of the movie which weren’t originally accompanied by any music.
The world premiere was performed by the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra conducted by David Newman. Alan Silvestri was in attendance and joined the orchestra on stage following a standing ovation and sustained applause after the end credits.
- Opening Credits
- Marty, Is That You?
- But You’re Good Marty
- He Seemed So Helpless
- DeLorean Reveal
- Meet Doc
- Disintegrated Einstein
- November 5th, 1955
- 1985 Twin Pines Mall
- Peabody Barn (Part 1)
- Peabody Barn (Part 2) – Marty Ditches DeLorean
- 1955 Town Square
- You’re George McFly
- Is That You?
- Pleased To Meet You Calvin
- Doc’s House
- Retrieve DeLorean
- 1.21 Jigawatts
- Picture Fades
- Skateboard Chase
- I’m Gonna Find Out
– Intermission –
- My Plan
- The Letter
- George To The Rescue (Part 1 & 2)
- Reaching For Lorraine
- Earth Angel Overlay – The Kiss
- Clock Tower (Part 1) – It’s Been Educational
- Clock Tower (Part 2)
- Lone Pine Mall
- 4 x 4
- Doc Returns
- End Credits (2015)
Back to the Future – Film with Orchestra produced by Film Concerts Live!, a joint venture of IMG Artists, LLC and The Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency, Inc.
- Producers: Steven A. Linder and Jamie Richardson
- Production Coordinator: Rob Stogsdill
- Worldwide Representation: IMG Artists, LLC
- Technical Director: Mike Runice
- Marketing Coordinator: Dan Barry
- Music Composed by: Alan Silvestri
- Music Preparation: Jo Ann Kane Music Service
- Film Preparation for Concert Performance: Kristopher Carter and Mako Sujishi
- Technical Consultant: Laura Gibson
- Sound Remixing for Concert Performance: Chace Audio by Deluxe