Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a modification initially made for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City that allows players to time travel in Vice City via all variants of the DeLorean Time Machine and the Jules Verne Time Train, as well as ride in cars from 1955, 1985, and 2015. There also is a CLEO addon version for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas available that currently contains only the BTTF II Time Machine. The following information mostly relates to the GTA: Vice City version of the mod.
The player starts at the Vercetti Estate with a regular DeLorean DMC-12 parked in the driveway. There is no specific goal at the moment, other than free roam. The player can drive to Sunshine Autos and construct one of the four versions of the Time Machine; the first film Time Machines (with the options: with the hook, without hook, and regular), the second film, hover-converted Time Machine, the 50's Time Machine, or the Railroad Time Machine. In the tutorial for version 0.2e, the player drives to the junkyard to obtain the plutonium from the Libyans inside the first film car. The Libyans chase the DeLorean in a Volkswagen bus, as in the movie. Once the player leaves the junkyard, the player can either choose to escape via time travel, drive until the Libyans crash and explode, destroy the time machine or use any weapons to destroy the Libyans.
In the first film car, once the plutonium in inserted into the fuel chamber (with the character standing behind the vehicle and pressing the Action Key) the time circuits are engaged (which you can alter the Destination time, via a combination of keys). As in the movie, the vehicle is capable of reaching temporal displacement at 88 mph, which is displayed on the bottom right of the screen. Once a jump to the year 2010 or higher is made, the Part II DeLorean and the two Part III DeLoreans (1955 and 1885 railroad) become available at Sunshine Autos, allowing hover capabilities for the Part II DeLorean.
In any time, the Jules Verne Time Train spawns at the top of Vercetti Estate. Its features, while similar to the DeLorean, are wholly unique to the Time Train. There is work being done on altering 1985 to look like disheveled 1985A, as well as models for 1955, 2015, and 1885.
The 0.2e release, which released October 26, 2008, includes updates to the Time Train with moving parts, cold DeLoreans, instantaneous temporal displacement, a re-enactment of Back to the Future: The Ride, enhanced lighting effects and hover effects, smoothing out of harsh transitions, a working November 5, 1955, 10:04 P.M. scenario, and the first cutscenes. [based on Back to the Future: The Ride]
Version 0.2f included Doc's Truck animations, The Central Pacific Railroad #131 Rogers locomotive, a revamped Courthouse Square for Hill Valley [based on the 1955 variant], new DeLorean Time Machine models [by Carlos85G], and various bug fixes. It was released on October 21, 2015, with a second patch arriving on November 12.
Since the release of 0.2f, production on the mod seemed to stop until a few years later when 0.2F R2 was released on August 11, 2019. Version 0.2f r2 included a brand new Hill Valley map, new refueling animations for the fuel chamber, a 1955 Doc Skin, The Remote control is now an item along with the JVC JVC camcorder and the fuel tank was re-added.
In the upcoming 0.3, the mod will have an updated version of Doc's garage that functions the same as the Sunshine Autos in the previous versions, Speed/ Line Lock for the RC Mode, New interior features, better refueling animations and improved iced look for the DeLoreans .
A Standalone Game was announced when 0.2F was released, It was going to be a standalone game that does not need GTA to play. The game has now been put on hold until more interest has been put on it.
- Infernus - Back to the Future DeLorean time machine
- Deluxo - Back to the Future Part II DeLorean time machine
- RC Baron (old) Sparrow - Back to the Future Part II Flying DeLorean time machine
- Banshee - Back to the Future Part III DeLorean time machine
- Phoenix - 'DMC-13 DeLorean time machine
- Boxville - Emmett Brown's 1984 GMC Value Van
- Rumpo - Libyan's Volkswagen Bus
- Comet - Griff Tannen's BMW 633CSi
- Admiral - McFly family's BMW 733i
- Sandking - Marty's Toyota Hilux
- Regina - Jennifer's father's AMC Eagle
- Stallion - Doc Brown's Packard Victoria Eight
- Cuban Hermes - Biff Tannen's 46' Ford Super De Luxe Convertible
- Faggio - Hoverboard
- Pizzaboy - Skateboard
- Cabbie - 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Taxi
- Taxi - 1983 Chevrolet Impala Taxi
- Kaufman Cab - 2015 Citroen DS Taxi
- Police - 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Police
- Enforcer - 1985 Police - Chevy Van G20 "Enforcer"
- FBI Rancher - 2015 Police
- Undercover Cheetah - Ford LTD Crown Victoria LAPD
- Bus - Jules Verne Time Train
- Maverick - Flying Jules Verne Time Train
- Barracks - Manure Truck
- Bloodrb - Needles' Ford F150
- Romero - Rolls Royce Silver Cloud III
- Voodoo - 50' Buick Custom
- Glendale - 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air
- Walton - 1914 Loren Ditrih
- Virgo - Citroën 2CV
- Bloodra - 1932 Ford Ratrod
- Esperanto - Volkswagen Beetle
- Yankee - 1930 Cadillac Model 70 V16
- Benson - 1937 Cadillac Series 37-90 V16 Cabriolet
- Oceanic - 1959 Cadillac
- Freeway - 1948 Indian Chief
- Sabre Turbo - Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z '86
- Sabre - 81' DeLorean DMC-12
- Rancher - '79 Chevrolet Blazer K5 "Cheyenne"
- Hermes - 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A
- Gang Burrito - 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429
- Bobcat - 1985 Ford Bronco v2.0
- Sentinel - Ford Taurus
- Mesa - '86 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 "Fury"
- Pony - 1971 Nissan Skyline
- Mule - Ford Torino
- Stinger - 1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible
- mrwhoop - Chevrolet Control 20 Ice Cream Truck
- coach - MAZ 103
- Caddy - Neuralite
- Perennial - 07' Dodge Challenger
- Cheetah - DMC-13 DeLorean
- Idaho - Ford Forty-nine 2000
- Landstalker - '89 Jeep Wrangler "Fury"
- Manana - Peugeot Oxia
- Moonbeam - Spyker C8 Laviolette
- Blista Compact - Audi RSQ
- Washington - Neural
- Sentinel XS - Audi Avus
- Topfun - BMW M1
- Greenwood - X-Con
1955: The first of the 5 Hill Valleys is being created currently, with Courthouse Square, Hill Valley High School, Doc Brown's mansion, Hill Valley Railroad Station, Library, and some residential buildings finished. The city currently resides by Fort Baxter Army Base by Escobar International Airport.
There are two missions in the 0.2e release of the "Back to the Future: Hill Valley" modification: "The Tutorial" and "The Ride". The "1955 Clocktower Race"for Marty to get back to 1985 is also there, but not as a mission.
- KITT - Administration/Radio DJ
- Carlos85G - Vehicle Modeller
- K1092000 - Vehicle Modeller
- BACKINTIME - Mission Coder
- Mini-Me - Coder
- Mark - Modeller
- LGisby - Lead Texture Artist
- Dragon King - Map Positioning/Texture Artist
- Mike - The Thorn in Everyone´s Side
- Delorean88us - Coder, and a little bit of everything else
- Archer9234 - Audio Editor
- Keeper - Mod Founder
- Wes Janson - Audio Editor
- Ace2029 - Modeller
- Nightshade - Modeller
- Kinglog123 - Object and Weapon Modeller
- BTTF29 - Character Modeller
1955 Hill Valley - Gallery
Models and Textures by LGisby. Game Placement by Dragon King. © Copyright: LGisby