Betty appeared to be still living in Hill Valley in 1986, as George suggested that she could maybe recommend a good therapist for Marty. However, Lorraine pointed out that Betty wasn't crazy and demanded to know why she (Betty) would know who Marty should see.
It remains unclear as to whether Betty was still living in Hill Valley in 2015.
Behind the scenes
- Betty was portrayed by actress Cristen Kauffman, who had previously appeared in a 1982 episode of Family Ties. She last appeared on the screen in 1999, in Agnes Browne.
- According to Bob Gale's DVD commentary, Betty was originally supposed to appear again in Back to the Future Part II along with Babs, but Cristen Kauffman was committed workwise and thus unable to return.
- Looking in the files of Back to the Future: The Game reveals that the nametag on all generic females in 1986B reads 'Betty'. However, unlike their male 'Jim' counterparts, they have no blonde hair texture, and as such none of them are likely to be the Betty seen in the film.
- This Betty could be the same Betty as Betty Parker, Jennifer's mother, as they share the same first name. However, this is unlikely, as Betty Parker said that Joey Baines was 'before her time', and given that this Betty was 17 when Joey was 1, she does not seem to fit that comment.
- Back to the Future
- Back to the Future (IDW Publishing)