- "There was a bunch of kids playing catch in the yard next door [to the Tannen residence]; a yard that still had a lawn. One of the kids overthrew the ball they were tossing around. It bounced into Biff's yard, rolling to his feet in the dirt and weeds. / Biff picked up the ball and kept on walking. All five kids ran over to the teenager and looked up expectantly. / "This your ball?" Biff asked with a grin. / The kids all nodded eagerly. / Biff looked from one kid to the next, all around the circle, then tossed the ball onto the roof of the house next door. / "Well, go get it!" Biff guffawed loudly as the kids' faces fell, and walked out onto the street."
- —From Back to the Future Part II by Craig Shaw Gardner (quote, page 142)
- Kids: "Give us our ball back!"
- Biff: "You want your ball back? Go get it, ha ha!"
- — Biff and his neighbors, just before he throws the ball onto a roof
Biff's neighbors included five children that lived on or near Mason Street. They were playing ball when Biff Tannen walked by them on November 12, 1955 and threw their ball onto the roof of another of his neighbors' houses.
Behind the scenes
- The five children were played by Jennifer Brown, Irina Cashen, Angela Greenblatt, Cameron Moore, and Justin Mosley Spink. They are listed in the credits of the film as "Baseball kids", even though the ball they lost is obviously too large to be a baseball.
- On page 142 of the novelization (see Quote above), a misprint resulted in the line Biff guffawed loudly as the kids' faces fell reading the grammatically incorrect 'Biff guffawed loudly as the kid's faces fell' instead. This error has been corrected here.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.