Alias of Emmett Brown
For a full biography, see the article on Emmett Brown.
Upon returning to 1931 from 1986 in the alternate timeline where Emmett Brown and Edna Strickland controlled Hill Valley as first and second Citizen Brown, Marty convinced Citizen Brown to use the alias. Marty later used the alias over the phone to get Edna Strickland to confess to being the speakeasy arsonist.
After Citizen Brown was erased from existence, Doc resumed the alias for the remainder of the time he was in the past.
In 1986, when Marty McFly turned on the television in Doc's garage, the voice of Carl Sagan could be heard.
Behind the scenes
Carl Sagan was a fan of Back to the Future, and once told Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale that he thought Back to the Future Part II was "the best movie ever made based on the science of time travel."
- Back to the Future Part II Feature Commentary with Bob Gale and Neil Canton.
- Back to the Future: The Game
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 1: It's About Time (First mentioned)
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 2: Get Tannen!
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 3: Citizen Brown (1931 Newspaper)
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 4: Double Visions
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 5: OUTATIME