- " It was a wedding picture — of Jennifer and Marty. But she was wearing just everyday clothes, and Marty was wearing a t-shirt with a tux front printed on it! What happened to that big church wedding she had wanted? They were both standing in front of a big neon that read 'Las Vegas' own — CHAPEL OF LOVE!' They must have eloped! "
- —From Back to the Future Part II by Craig Shaw Gardner (quote, page 66)
- "I get married in the Chapel O' Love?"
- —Jennifer at Hilldale in 2015
The Chapel O' Love was a wedding chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada that was considered to be tacky.
Sometime between 1985 and 2015, Marty McFly and Jennifer Parker were married in the Chapel O' Love. In the photograph taken in front of the chapel, a framed copy of which Jennifer found on a side table at the McFly residence, Marty wore a t-shirt with a tux printed on the front. It was unknown why the couple agreed to such a venue, but given the tacky attire Marty wore it strongly suggested he had become impoverished and the Chapel O' Love was all he could afford to get married in.
When Jennifer saw her future in 2015, she expressed disdain at seeing such a chapel. In the third film, she saw that the future where Marty was fired by Mr. Fujitsu erased, then hearing Doc Brown that their future was undetermined, and to make it the best possible. Being returned to an unmarried state, it is likely Jennifer avoided having her nuptials in such a tacky venue as the Chapel O'Love.
Behind the scenes
- The "Chapel O' Love photo" was taken in front of the "Little White Chapel", located at 1711 N. Avon Street in Burbank, California.