On October 26, 1985, Dr. Emmett Brown, Marty McFly and Jennifer Parker traveled to October 21, 2015. The elderly Biff Tannen stole the DeLorean time machine with the intention of giving his younger self a Grays Sports Almanac to make himself rich. He took to the sky, however he didn't know how to work the mechanisms in the DeLorean that were related to time travel. Biff became angry and hit the time circuits with his cane. Once he reached 88 m.p.h., he was sent to the Cretaceous Period. The Mr. Fusion energy reactor was empty, so he tried to find some organic material to fuel it. A baby Velociraptor stole the Blast from the Past bag with the almanac in it. Biff killed the dinosaur by hitting it in the head with his cane, and used the dinosaur's body to fuel the Mr. Fusion. He then headed to November 12, 1955, gave his younger self the almanac, then returned to 2015.
On May 2, 1991, Biff Tannen stole a DeLorean time machine from the Institute of Future Technology and traveled into the future to October 25, 2015. Doc used a sub-ether time-tracking scanner which allowed him to pilot an 8-passenger DeLorean time machine full of time travel volunteers to bump Biff's DeLorean to bring him back. However, Biff avoided them by traveling to October 25, 1000000 B.C., followed by October 25, 64000000 B.C.. In the latter, his DeLorean was hit by a Tyrannosaurus and stalled. Doc piloted the 8-passenger DeLorean to bump the stalled DeLorean, bringing both time machines back to 1991.
Doc and his sons, Jules and Verne, traveled to 3000000 B.C. to test the Proprietary Ultrasonic Subatomic Molecular Redistributor. Although this year would normally be in the Pleistocene era, in this timeline, this year was said to be in the Cretaceous period.
Behind the scenes
- In "Forward to the Past", the Cretaceous period is erroneously stated to be 3 million years BC, which is far from the correct answer: 145 to 65 million years BCE.
- The title of the comic, "Jurassic Biff", is a reference to the film Jurassic Park, rather than the period to which Biff traveled. In real life, Velociraptors only existed during the latter part of the Cretaceous period.
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series
- Back to the Future: The Ride
- Universal Studios: Theme Park Adventure
- Back to the Future (Harvey Comics)
- Back to the Future (IDW Publishing)