D. Jones (also referred to as "old man Jones") was a manure hauler in Hill Valley in 1955. He was the owner of D. Jones Manure Hauling, and the descendant of A. Jones, who owned A. Jones Manure Hauling in 1885.
After Biff had his car taken to Western Auto for repairs, Terry mentioned that he and his fellow mechanics had so much manure in the service bay they had to pay Jones $80 to haul it away. Biff sarcastically suggested that Jones probably resold it as well.
Only hours later, Biff would once again crash into Jones's manure truck and end up with a car filled with manure.
Behind the scenes
- "D. Jones Manure Handling" was an in-joke reference to Dennis E. Jones, who, as the unit production manager for Back to the Future, was in charge of keeping the film's costs within its budget.
- Back to the Future
- Back to the Future II
- Back to the Future: The Game
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 1: It's About Time
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 2: Get Tannen!
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 3: Citizen Brown (D. Jones' truck appears in a photograph.)