Dave Grossman is an American game programmer and game designer, most known for his work at Telltale Games and early work at LucasArts. He has also written several children's books, and a book of "guy poetry" called Ode to the Stuff in the Sink.
Game industry career
Grossman joined Lucasfilm Games, later known as LucasArts in 1989. At LucasArts, Grossman wrote and programmed The Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge together with Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer. He later co-designed Day of the Tentacle.
Grossman quit LucasArts in 1994 to begin a freelance career. For Humongous Entertainment, a company co-founded by Ron Gilbert, he helped create many critically acclaimed games aimed at children, such as the Pajama Sam series. Later he also wrote children's games for Hulabee Entertainment and Disney.
He then designed adventure games at Telltale Games, a company founded by LucasArts veterans. He joined Telltale in 2005 as lead designer. In 2009, he returned to his Monkey Island roots, as Design Director on Telltale Gaes' episodic Tales of Monkey Island. 4 and joined Reactive Studios in November 2014 as Chief Creative Officer. Reactive Studios has since changed its name to EarPlay.
- The Secret of Monkey Island (1990), JVC, LucasArts
- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (1991), LucasArts
- Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle (1993), LucasArts
- Pajama Sam In: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside (1996), Humongous Entertainment
- Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening (1998), Humongous Entertainment
- Freddi Fish 4: The Case of the Hogfish Rustlers of Briny Gulch (1999), Humongous Entertainment
- Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat From Your Head To Your Feet (2000), Humongous Entertainment
- Moop and Dreadly in the Treasure on Bing Bong Island (2001), Hulabee/Plaid Banana
- Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair (2002), Hulabee/Plaid Banana
- Piglet's Big Game (2003), Disney
- Bone (episodic), Telltale Games
- Sam & Max Season One (episodic, "Season One" 2006–07), Telltale Games
- Sam & Max Season Two (episodic, "Season Two" 2007–08), Telltale Games
- Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (episodic, 2008), Telltale Games
- Tales of Monkey Island (2009–10) Telltale Games
- Back to the Future: The Game (2010–11) Telltale Games
Grossman also made contributions to The Dig, Total Annihilation, and Insecticide, and was a script editor on Voodoo Vince. He also designed the trophies / Steam achievements for the remastered version of Day of the Tentacle.