They collected various photographs of the people and businesses of Hill Valley. In 1955, Emmett Brown and Marty McFly searched the Hill Valley Historical Society records for information about Hill Valley in the year 1885.
List of individuals and locations featured in the 1885 Hill Valley Historical Society archives:
- The new clock - September 5, 1885 (with an uncredited photograph of Doc)
- Undated photograph of Buford Tannen standing over the men he shot, in front of the Second Street Gunsmith Shop.
- Undated photograph of the Palace Saloon and a photograph of an unnamed "saloon girl" in front of a picture of Abraham Lincoln.
In 1990, in celebration of the 125th anniversary of the incorporation of Hill Valley in 1865, they released a pamphlet containing a sampling of the photographs from their archives, with descriptions of various prominent people throughout the history of Hill Valley.
List of individuals and locations featured in the Hill Valley Historical Society: 1865 - 1990 pamphlet:
- Principal Strickland: "Fashion forward at age three!"
- Edna Strickland: "Fiery temperance crusader and all-round busybody."
- Judge Eckhart Brown and son: "His justice was severe, but his heart was incorruptable."
- Caricature of Hill Valley citizen: "Provenance unknown. Possibly intended to represent vaudeville entertainer "Happy-Feet" Henderson. Caricature by Zane Williams."
- Trixie Trotter: "A popular saloon singer during the latter days of Prohibition, she disappeared along with the speakeasies."
- George McFly: "Local author and cultural treasure. His latest tome, A Match Made in Space, is poised to crack the top-ten list."
- George McFly: "The Future sci-fi titan as a boy, dreaming of a brighter tomorrow."
- Biff Tannen: "Proprietor of Biff's Auto Detailing. 'To make your car spiffy in a jiffy, just call Biff-y!'"
- Marty McFly: "Portrait of the typical Hill Valley teenager."
- Back to the Future Part III (Marty and Doc search the Hill Valley Historical Society archives)
- Hill Valley Historical Society: 1865 - 1990 (Included with the deluxe edition of Back to the Future: The Game)
Notes and references
- Back to the Future: The Game: Deluxe Edition - Hill Valley Historical Society: 1865 - 1990 pamphlet