Jimmy Olsen is a fictional DC Comics Superman character that made his debut on The Adventures of Superman radio show in "Donelli's Protection Racket" on April 15, 1940, and became a regular in the comic books in 1941. He was both a friend to Superman and photojournalist for the Metropolis newspaper, The Daily Planet.
Alias of Marty McFly
For a full biography, see the article on Marty McFly.
Behind the scenes
- Marc McClure (Dave McFly) played Jimmy Olsen in Superman: The Movie (1978), Superman II (1980), Superman III (1983), Supergirl (1984) and Superman IV: The Quest For Peace (1987). Previously unused footage of McClure was presented in the 2006 release of Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut.
- Superman III coincidentally had Earth Angel as one of the songs played in the film.
- McClure, appeared in a featurette of Smallville Season 7 DVD Set (2008), among other actors who've played Jimmy Olsen.
- In Back to the Future: The Game episode "Citizen Brown", McClure's portrayal of the character was referenced by George McFly mentioning that Dave left Hill Valley to work in a newspaper in the big city.
- David Kaufman (voice of Marty on "Super Doc" and the other episodes of BTTF: The Animated Series) provided the voice of Jimmy Olsen in Superman The Animated Series from 1996 to 1999. He reprised his role in: