Verne and Marty traveled back to the 1800s, hoping to convince Jules Verne to change his name (offered names included Bart Simpson and Charles Dickens). They failed to succeed into doing so, and traveled to October 29, 1888 to convince Doc and Clara to give to yet to be born Verne a different name.
Verne, however, created a predestination paradox by going back in time and inspiring them to name him Verne, but only afterward did they realize that both sons were coincidentally named for the author in some way.
On September 7, 1893, Doc traveled to October 27, 2017 in the second DeLorean time machine to buy a gift for Clara after his dedication to completing work on the Jules Verne Train caused him to inadvertently forget their eighth wedding anniversary. Doc eventually found the perfect gift for Clara at the Blast from the Past antique/memorabilia store in Hill Valley: a copy of Lighthouse at the End of the World by her favorite author, Jules Verne, and which, in 1893, would not be written for another twelve years.
- Back to the Future Part III (First mentioned)
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series
- Back to the Future: The Game
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 1: It's About Time (Mentioned only)
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 4: Double Visions (Mentioned only)
- Back to the Future (IDW Publishing)