This page is for references to the Back to the Future trilogy on the internet.
- 1 Angry Video Game Nerd
- 2 Animations
- 3 Bob and George
- 4 Captain Disillusion
- 5 CinemaSins
- 6 College Humor
- 7 Double Rainboom
- 8 FireWire (icon)
- 9 Google
- 10 How it Should Have Ended
- 11 JewWario
- 12 Nostalgia Critic
- 13 Phoebe and Her Unicorn
- 14 PVP
- 15 Pyrocynical
- 16 Sandra and Woo
- 17 SMG4
- 18 Smosh
- 19 The Annoying Orange
- 20 The Irate Gamer Show
- 21 The Misfortune of Being Ned
- 22 The Question Song
- 23 TomSka
- 24 Toon Sandwich
- 25 VG Cats
- 26 WatchMojo.com
- 27 Wolfram|Alpha
- 28 xkcd
- 29 YouTube Rewind
Angry Video Game Nerd
- On The Accurate Movies channel are three videos dedicated to the Back to the Future Trilogy called The REAL Back to the Future , The REAL Back to the Future II and The REAL Back to the Future III. The videos are satires of the trilogy in 8-bit.
- There's a Minute Minecraft Parody telling the plot of Back to the Future
- In The Episode of Element Animations "The Crack!" , Jason the egg meets an egg version of Doc and time travel with the Delorean , Doc mistakes Jason for Marty
- The video "Blink to the Future" is an animation mash up of Back to the Future and Doctor Who made by youtuber James Farr
Bob and George
- Bob and George #313: Mega Man puts on a time suit and comments that he feels like a walking DeLorean. Dr. Light exclaims, "Great Scott!" The commentary has the author theorizing about what the thrusters on the back of the DeLorean were supposed to do.
- Captain D covers the Back to the Future Trilogy on his series VFXcool, He talks about all kinds of technology used to make the movies with the second part of the series dedicated to the second movie because of Vistaglide.
- on October 21,2015 (aka Back to the Future Day), Captain D uploaded a video debunking some clips associated with Real Life Time Travel, while also referencing Back to the Future Part II, ending with the fictional 2015 turning into the actual 2015...while The Delorean flies away.
- in some Quick D episodes ,a clip of Back to the Future Part II is shown when talking about editing something:
- the Invisible cut accompanied with the scene of Marty throwing the spiky plate to 1985A Biff
- the best use of Visual Effects: taking things out that are originally there accompanied with the Hoverboard scene
- In the episode "Rush Hour EXPLANATION", Captain D debunks a video, The video (he debunks) has the song "Mr. Sandman" playing and this causes Captain D to remind himself that he needs to make an episode for Back to the Future day.
CinemaSins is a YouTube series that humorously reviews motion pictures for common mistakes such as continuity errors, plot holes, cliches and the reviewer's personal criteria. All three Back to the Future movies have been reviewed. The video for the first movie [] was uploaded on May 24, 2014, and got a final sin tally of 55, with a sentence of "Stuck in 1955 (Banging yo mama)". The second video was uploaded on Marty McFly Day [], with two possible final tallies: 90 if the Chicago Cubs won the World Series (with a sentence of Cubs Win! (Hell froze over) and a clip of Harry Caray shouting "Cubs win! Cubs win!"), or 110 otherwise (Sentence: Future Biff Hell, and Doc saying "No, it's Hill Valley, although I can't imagine Hell being much worse.") The third video was uploaded on June 9, 2020 [], with a final sin tally of 200 and a sentence of Hanged (Buford: "We've got ourselves a new courthouse! I reckon it's about high time we had a hanging!"). At the end of their videos, CinemaSins always place a series of outtakes, where excerpts or clips from other sources are combined with clips of the movie being sinned. The outtakes for the BTTF videos follow:
Back to The Future
[Unknown]: Over the opening shot of the clocks in Doc's garage, goofy scatting is sung, with a note on the bottom of the screen reading "Offending audio clip replaced by offensive singing in order to please the copyright gods".
Top Gun (Actor allusion - James Tolkan): After Marty tells Principal Strickland that "history's gonna change", Stinger says "Son, your ego's writing checks that your body can't cash".
The Talented Mr. Ripley: When Marty sees George in the tree spying on Lorraine, Freddie Miles asks, "Tommy, how's the peeping? Tommy. How's the peeping? Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, Tommy.", just before Marty exclaims "He's a peeping Tom!"
She's All That: The crowd at the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance is dancing to "The Rockafeller Skank" instead of "Johnny B. Goode". (This outtake also appears in Part II)
American Psycho: Instead of telling the Pinheads that they're "too darn loud", the Battle of the Bands judge asks "You like Huey Lewis and the News?"
Teen Wolf (actor allusion - Michael J. Fox): When Marty sits down at the counter in Lou's Cafe and Lou asks "Are you gonna order something, kid?", Scott Howard says "Uh, I'd like a keg of beer, please." Someone else (presumably a store clerk) says "You don't say". Scott asks, "Yeah, how much is that?" The clerk asks "Carry ID, sonny?" Scott's voice deepens and we see a brief clip of his eyes glowing red: "Give me a keg of beer". Lou pours the coffee; Scott returns to normal and holds up a packet: "And these."
Back To The Future Part II
Doctor Who: The 1970s version of the show's theme plays as the DeLorean takes off and flies into 2015.
Airplane!: Referencing 2015 George hanging in his hover-brace, Steve McCroskey says "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue".
Batman (1989): When Biff has Marty cornered at gunpoint on the roof of the casino, The Joker's line of "Eckhart! Think about the future!" is heard.
Happy Gilmore (Actor allusion - Joe Flaherty): The Western Union deliveryman tells Marty "You suck! Ya jackass."
Wall•E: As Marty stares at the automated Texaco service station, the "Buy-n-Large" jingle plays.
Adventures in Babysitting (1987) (Actress allusion - Elisabeth Shue): As the 1985 and 2015 versions of Jennifer encounter each other, Chris' line of "Don't f(BLEEP)k with the babysitter" is heard.
Quiz Show: When 1985-A Biff says that the man who gave him the sports almanac said "How'd you like to be rich?", a character says "And he says, uh, 'How'd you like to make twenty-five grand?' And I said "'Who wouldn't?'"
Back To The Future Part III
It's A Wonderful Life: When Marty asks Chester for a glass of ice water, the character Nick says "Hey look mister. We serve hard drinks in here for men who wanna get drunk fast. We don't need any characters in here to give the joint atmosphere. Is that clear?"
Tropic Thunder: Marty's response to Buford's question "What's your name, dude?" is Kirk Lazarus saying "I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude!"
Mean Girls: Buford is reminded after challenging Marty to duel by Joan the Secretary that "We can't keep them past four", whereupon the character Mr Duvall says "I will keep you here until four".
Terminator 2: Judgment Day: When Doc tells Marty that the future isn't written, John Connor says "The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves."
Groundhog Day: When Clara gets upset that Doc exploited her partiality to Jules Verne, Rita takes over and says "Are you making some kind of list or something? Did you call up my friends and ask them what I like and what I don't like? Is this some kind of joke to you?"
The Quick and The Dead: After Buford shoots Marty, Herod says "Your gunfighter's dead. Old news."
Archer: As Marty and Doc make their way along the roof of the train, Sterling Archer cries "All I want is to fight on the top of a train! Is that too much to ask?"
Raising Arizona: When Doc and Marty hold up the train driver and he asks "Is this a hold-up?", H.I. McDonough replies "I'll be taking these Huggies. And uh, whatever cash you got."
The Waterboy: Rob Schneider encourages Clara to climb out onto the running board of the locomotive by shouting "You can do it!"
- The site has a video titled Back to The Future Sex Scenes. It was a parody depicting Marty having sexual relations with his mom and going back several times to prevent it. Each attempt ended with Marty having relations with himself and his mother. The picture was also referenced where his brother was replaced by several Martys. (???)
- 16:30 - When Rainbow Dash crashes, she leaves a double rainbow flame trail and the music from the movie plays.
- The icon looks like the Flux Capacitor.
- For April Fools' Day 2008, Google's Gmail advertised a hoax application called Gmail Custom Time, which allows a user to send an email back in time to by several hours or even days. To explain how it would resolve issues of causality, the Gmail ad said that it would utilize an e-flux capacitor. It also explained that had it allowed the user to send Gmail to a time before Gmail existed, it would be like hanging out with one's parents before they were born. 
- In April 2014, Google introduced a feature to the Street View portion of their Google Maps site that allows the user to view streets from other time periods, effectively allowing the user to 'travel back in time' through Street View. The peg-man that controls the user's position was given a redesign to resemble Emmett Brown holding a clock.
How it Should Have Ended
- On February 10, 2011, the late game reviewer JewWario posted an episode of his show You Can Play This! focusing on the game Super Back to the Future Part II. The episode has JewWario sending a message to the past version of Doc Brown (again played by Doug Walker) with the help of the modern version, telling Brown about the game and offering an explanation on how to play it despite the language barrier. The episode starts with a closing comment on the game from Episode 94 of The Angry Video Game Nerd.
- On October 13, 2008, the Nostalgia Critic posted a video tribute to Drew Struzan and shown some of his movie posters, including the ones made for the Back to the Future trilogy.
- On July 13, 2010, the Nostalgia Critic posted a review of the movie The Room. In the opening, the Nostalgia Critic explains that, though the film is one of the most-requested by fans, he can't review it because it was made in 2003, and therefore falls behind his cut-off date. However, Doc Brown (played by Doug Walker, who also plays the Nostalgia Critic) appears and takes the Critic into the future so he can review the film. The time travel sequence uses footage from the original Back to the Future.
- On July 10, 2012, the Nostalgia Critic posted a video containing what he believed to the Top 11 Most Awesome Movie Themes. The main theme to Back to the Future was rated as #1 on his list.
Phoebe and Her Unicorn
- Comic strip on July 08, 2021: The title character Phoebe upon wanting to go to the time when her father Ethan went to camp as a kid, asks him the month and day. When she asks him for the temporal coordinates, Ethan eagerly states that he dreamed of her talking like a Star Trek character. Phoebe specifies the situation to be more like the one with the time travel car.
- Comic strip on July 21, 2021: In the previous strip, Ethan asked if Phoebe traveled back in time to inform him of his destiny. She is unsure of him asking those questions, to which he declares to not follow the "Back to the Future rules".
- In the February 1, 2006 strip, the cast of the webcomic was trapped in the past, until discovering the DeLorean time machine and learning that "the movie was based on actual events." The DeLorean has infrequently popped up as a joke in the strip since.
- In the video "Lele Pons has hit a new low", When saying that Lele Pons is the Instagram Comedian of Youtube a random Instagram clip appears and is edited in the scene where George Mcfly is Laughing at the Tv making it look that he laughed at the Instagram clip.
- In the video "Why this youtuber is the worst on the platform", Pyro talks about Jaystation and his controversy but this was split in two parts in one video, at 23:00 is a picture shown: The logo of Back to the Future with "PAST" written over "FUTURE"
Sandra and Woo
- Comic strip 0798: Sandra and her father Richard view a televised interview where a Sony executive mentions the details of how the Back To The Future reboot will be made accessible to modern audiences such as:
- In the Movie "Meggy's Destiny", The Mattel hoverboard used by Marty Mcfly in Back to the Future Part II appears as a machine that makes the user get the powers of a Splatoon Inkling, It isn't named hoverboard but Ink Boi 3000
- In the 3 Million Sub Fan Collaboration video , one of the fan segments is Bob using the Delorean to go to the Future where he'll find sexy babes until he realises it isn't a time machine but a teleporting machine.
- In the episode "The Movie Audition" , SMG4 is making a movie and needs an actor , for the auditions Luigi and Doctor E. gadd recreate Back to the Future with the Delorean and later crashing in a poor man's bathroom thinking that this is the future.
- In the episode "Meggy moves in", Meggy invites her friends over to her new house , once there we get a look in Meggy's house , right above the stairs next to a stop sign and the McDonalds logo is the Theatrical release poster of Back to the Future falling from the wall
- In the episode "Deleted" , The SMG4 Gang need to stop SMG3's gang from changing the past (moments when they met Mario), before they all fail (reference to Avengers Infinity War & Endgame) SMG4 says the rule "Make sure to not meet your past self." The same rule Doc gave Marty when they went back to 1955 to stop 2015 Biff from giving the sports almanac to 1955 Biff.
- In the video "If Movies were real 2", there's a segment about Back to the Future where Marty (Ian Hecox) and Doc (Anthony Padilla) crash the Delorean and die
- In the video "Creepy Weird Uncle - Smosh Libs" , The story (Ian is reading) has him saying to president Barack Obama "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads" while a tune similar to the Back to the Future theme plays in the background. This is ofcourse Doc's line from the end of Back to the Future or the beginning of Back to the Future Part II
- At the beginning of "Best of 2014 remix" , Anthony says: "2015? You mean the year that Marty Mcfly goes to in Back to the Future!" before Ian tells him to shut up. clearly referencing Back to the Future Part II
- In the Smosh Games Game Bang episode "FACING OFF IN MORTAL KOMBAT" , Ian chooses the character "Smoke" to battle against Lasercorn (who chose Sonya Blade) and jokingly says it's Doc Brown by saying: "We have to go back Marty!", "That's for Marty Mcfly!" and "That is the last time you call my Delorean a crap!"
- In the video "If Movies were real 3", the title card is in the font of the Back to the Future logo.
- In the two part Christmas Special "THE END OF CHRISTMAS", Anthony & Ian use the Delorean to stop Christmas from existing.
- On Smosh Games, They played Back to the Future Yathzee to celebrate "Back to the Future day", the video was filmed 19th October 2020 and posted on 25th October 2020. They were dressed up as characters of the movie: Ian (Doc), Courtney (Marty), Damien (Einstein), Sarah (Jennifer)
The Annoying Orange
- There is an episode called "Back to the Fruiture".
- In the episode "Tough Enough", when a durian called Spike tries to correct Orange that he is a durian, Orange thought he said that he is a DeLorean and says to go back to the future before Spike says that he's a durian and that he's an exotic flavourful fruit, not a time-travelling car. Also, Spike mentions Clint Eastwood.
- The episode "Snack to the Future" is an entire parody of the first Back to the Future movie with Orange as Marty Mcfly and Dr. Bananas as Doc Brown.In 1955, there is also a reference to Back to the Future Part II where Biff (Grapefruit) calls Orange a chicken. The episode ends with Dr. Bananas dissapearing out of existence with the Delorean
- The episode "The Juice #9: TIME TRAVEL!!" 's thumbnail is Orange dressed up as Marty Mcfly with the delorean in the background.
- The episode "Time Travel Episodes! (Supercut)" 's thumbnail is a reference to The Back to the Future posters with Orange (dressed up as Marty) and Dr Bananas (dressed up as Doc) standing next to the Delorean.
The Irate Gamer Show
- On the "Back to the Future review", IG review the NES game, it's similar to The Angry Video Game Nerd's video review.
- On the episode "Mario's Time Machine", IG is talking about "the ridiculous time travel scenes" and says "Just get me a flux capacitor so I can skip these stupid levels!"
The Misfortune of Being Ned
- In the episode "Time Machine", Ned comes across Doc, who mistakes him for Marty, and needs him to travel back to the past in the DeLorean time machine, but T-1000 from Terminator stops Ned before he can get to 88 miles per hour.
The Question Song
- In the beginning of YouTuber Thomas "TomSka" Ridgewell's video "STUPID JUSTIN BIEBER PARODY", Justin comes through a portal in a DeLorean that looks almost identical to the DeLorean time machine. Also, in the top-left corner of the screen, it says "Justin Time", similar to the style of the BTTF logo.
- In the series Crash Zoom , specifically The episode "Firing Squad" where Ben and Lucy are looking for a job. One of those jobs is cleaning the toilets at a Lab. In the lab there are two references to Back to the Future: On the green board, there is a Delorean visible with a note saying "If Very fast: Time Travel" and when Lucy , Ben and Kate get kicked in the toilet room to start their job there can be a sign visible saying "Please Use the Flush Capacitor"
- In the newest episode of Crash Zoom "Out of Time", Ben,Lucy & Kate are cleaning an old clocktower till Ben & Kate are playing with the lever that controls the clock hands causing Lucy to fall out the building and get stuck on one of the clock hands. Ben trying to fix the situation presses a button with "Lightning rod" which causes them to travel through time. Next to the button is a Flux Capacitor visible.
- In the spoof of The Xmen Apocalypse trailer, Magneto is on the Mattel Hoverboard from Back to the Future part II.
- In Super-Villain-Bowl, Marty Mcfly on a hoverboard appears at the end
- In Super-Showdown-Bowl , The Oscar being has a scratch on the heel and the movie characters want to know how he got it so that they can use it to kill him. They suggest using time travel to figure it out but Oscar destroys Doctor Strange's Time stone and Bill & Ted's Time machine till Marty and Doc appear in the Delorean. They go back in time with Hermione Granger , Doctor Strange , Doctor Who , The Terminator , Bill and Ted. With the help of the invisibilty cloak from Harry Potter and the Hoverboard they figure out Oscar's weakness is Gold. some other references to Back to the Future include: Doc mentioning Hill Valley , Doc's quote "Great Scott!" , Doc saying "Where we're going we don't need Ron Weasley" , the Flux Capacitor's 1.21 jigowatts being powered by plutonium or a bolt of lightning, Marty's first appearance in the video is a reference to the poster of Back to the future and The ending of the video being the Delorean flying into the camera just like the ending of Back to the Future.
- #259: Sunglasses, down vest, make like a tree, DeLorean time machine, abortion? (???)
- Top 10 Back To The Future Trilogy Moments
- Top 10 Back to the Future II Broken Promises
- Top 10 Movies that are Impossible to Hate- Back to the Future ranks #3 on this list.
- Top 10 Untouchable Movies- Back to the Future is ranked #6.
- Top 10 Movies of the 1980s- Back to the Future is ranked #2.
- Top 10 Movies that are Iconic to 80s Kids- Back to the Future is ranked #1.
- Top 10 Teen Movies of the 1980s- Back to the Future is ranked #2.
- Top 10 Best Robert Zemeckis Movies- Back to the Future Part III is ranked #8, Back to the Future Part II is ranked #5 and Back to the Future is ranked #1.
- Top 10 Movie Theme Songs - Part 2- "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News is ranked #2.
- Top 10 Iconic Instrumental Film Scores- Alan Silvestri's score for Back to the Future ranks #10.
- Top 10 Time Travel Video Games- Back to the Future: The Game is ranked #6.
- Top 10 Movie Depictions of the Future- The depiction of the future as seen in Back to the Future Part II ranks #3.
- Top 10 Wrong Movie Predictions About the Future- In this video, the depiction of the future as seen in Back to the Future Part II ranks #2.
- Top 10 Best Time Travel Movies- In this video, Back to the Future ranks #1.
- Top 10 Time Machines- The DeLorean time machine ranks #2.
- Top 10 Movie Cars- The DeLorean time machine ranks #1.
- Top 10 Running Out of Time Scenes in Movies- The clock tower climax of Back to the Future ranks #1.
- Top 10 Characters Who Meet Their Older Self- The scene from Back to the Future Part II where Biff Tannen meets his older self when he gives the sports almanac is ranked #2. A clip of Jennifer crossing paths with her older self is seen at the start of the video.
- Top 10 Meanest Movie Teachers- Mr. Strickland ranks #1.
- Top 10 Movie Bullies- Biff Tannen, his grandson, and great-grandfather are all ranked #1.
- Top 10 Memorable Movie Insults- Marty's Achilles heel of being called "chicken" is ranked #3.
- Top 20 Dumbest Insults in Movies- Biff's insult of 'butthead' ranks #10.
- Top 10 Most Important Dates in Fiction- November 5, 1955 ranks #1. October 21, 2015 is also mentioned.
- Top 10 Deja Vu Movies to See Again and Again- Back to the Future Part II ranks #10.
- Top 10 Amazing Books that Don't Actually Exist- Grays Sports Almanac is ranked #2.
- Top 10 Best Movie Sequels- Back to the Future Part II ranks #6.
- Top 10 Best Summer Blockbusters of All Time- Back to the Future ranks #10.
- Top 10 Uses of Foreshadowing in Movies- In Back to the Future Part II, the scene where 1985-A Biff watches the scene from A Fistful of Dollars where Clint Eastwood uses a steel plate as a makeshift bulletproof vest (which foreshadows how Marty outsmarts Buford in Part III) ranks #6.
- Top 10 Greatest Fictional Bands in Movies- Marvin Berry and the Starlighters are ranked #9.
- Top 10 Rube Goldberg Machines in Movies- Doc's automatic dog feeder, his 1885 refrigerator and breakfast maker are all ranked #4.
- Top 10 Michael J. Fox Performances- Michael J. Fox's portrayals of Marty, his son and daughter and Seamus are ranked #1.
- Top 10 Dealing with Bullies Movie Scenes- George standing up to Biff in Back to the Future is ranked #1.
- Top 10 Alternate Realities in Movies- 1985-A is ranked #2.
- Top 10 Anachronisms in Movies- The anachronistic appearance of the Gibson ES-345 at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance in Back to the Future is ranked #6.
- Top 10 Movies Villains Inspired By Actual People- The 1985-A incarnation of Biff (who was based on Donald Trump) is ranked #4.
- Top 10 Unbelievably Dumb Decisions in Sc-Fi Movies- Marty's decision to purchase the Grays Sports Almanac in Back to the Future Part II is ranked #9.
- Top 10 Awkward Movie Kissing Scenes- The scene in Back to the Future where Lorraine kisses Marty is ranked #1.
- The site's computational knowledge engine defines a "delorean" as a unit of power equal to 1.21 gigawatts, and uses 88 miles per hour as a benchmark for comparing speeds. See: "speed cheetah".
- One strip involves one person, telling another, about his professor friend building a time machine out of a DeLorean and changing his history for the better. His friend tells him that her father was in the North Tower of the World Trade Center, but he didn't have the vehicle anymore.
- On October 30, 2009, xkcd parodied Doc Brown visiting houses for Halloween, but being off by one day.
- A circuit diagram included a flux capacitor.