- " He [Marty] turned to go, then paused. "Uh, listen," he said, "if you guys ever have kids, and one of them when he's eight years old accidentally sets fire to the living room rug... please go easy on him." / Er... sure," George replied, thinking it one of the strangest requests he had ever heard. / A moment later, he was gone. George and Lorraine stood looking at each other, their hands tightly clasped. "
- —From Back to the Future by George Gipe (quote, page 224)
When Marty spoke to Lorraine after the Enchantment Under the Sea dance at Hill Valley High School on November 12, 1955, he recommended that if she and George had kids, they go easy on the child who did the aforementioned deed, who would end up to be Marty.
- Back to the Future (First mentioned)
- Back to the Future: The Game
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 2: Get Tannen! (Mentioned only)
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 3: Citizen Brown (Mentioned only)