- " The model locomotive started up as Doc completed the connection [from his refrigerator], pushing a roughly carved wooden model of the DeLorean. "
- —From Back to the Future Part III by Craig Shaw Gardner (quote, page 107)
It was a small scale version of the DeLorean time machine.
Behind the scenes
- The vacuum tube assemblage on the hood of the real DeLorean isn't present on the model, but this is possibly to make room for the TIME MACHINE label.
- The model DeLorean is described as being made from wood in Craig Shaw Gardner's novelization (see Quote above), but the prop itself was metal.
- The original prop was sold along with the train for 30,000.00 USD on December 16 2011, and can be found on icollector here.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.