- "Nobody escapes from the whoscow of Mungo P. Tannen!"
- —Mungo P. Tannen to Einstein
At some point during the year, two bank robbers (Frankie and Sidney) from 1991, crashed into the prison after their arrival to the time period. As a result, Mungo arrested them and put them to work smashing rocks.
After catching Einstein returning to the DeLorean time machine, the two bank robbers ran from Mungo (after dropping two sledgehammers on his head), which prompted him to pursue them. He was unsuccessful as a kangaroo that Einstein befriended bounced a hammer onto Mungo, while Einstein got the DeLorean running. Mungo was knocked out cold and the three managed to get away safely.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Mungo is the only Tannen within the series to be shown during the 18th century (1700's).
- Mungo was probably born in England, judging from Australia being a colony for British convicts and for its unforgiving and harsh land during this time period.
- Mungo, being likely from England, (and not part of Goodman Tannen's line) could possibly be the father of Ebiffnezer Tannen.