Nintendo has released many games, notably in house titles like Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers, as well as some games that could be played with a gun accessory known as a Zapper. Games that could be played with it included Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley and Wild Gunman.
References to Nintendo in Back to the Future
- Marty McFly has played the game Wild Gunman, referring to himself as a crack shot at it by demonstrating it with the arcade port while at the Cafe 80's.
- Blast from the Past sold many old products and had some on display, including the NES release of Jaws and BurgerTime.
- Starbase Zero had a Wild Gunman arcade cabinet that was in need of repairs in 1986.
- In 1986B, Edna Strickland kept contraband items in the former El Kid. One of them was a Wild Gunman machine.
- In 1931, when claiming to help out charity organizations, Marty specifies one of them to be the Mario Brothers (Referring to Mario and Luigi from Super Mario Bros).
- In the Back to the Future: The Animated Series episode "Bravelord and the Demon Monstrux", the sound effects of BraveLord and Monstrux were lifted from Super Mario Bros.
Back to the Future games released on Nintendo platforms
- Back to the Future (video game) - Nintendo Entertainment System (1989)
- Back to the Future Part II & III - Nintendo Entertainment System (1990)
- Super Back to the Future Part II - Super Famicom (1993)
- Universal Studios: Theme Park Adventure (Includes a Back to the Future: The Ride mini-game.) - Nintendo GameCube (2002)
- Back to the Future: The Game - Wii (2011)
- LEGO Dimensions (Includes characters and elements from Back to the Future)- Wii U (2015)
BTTF actors in Nintendo productions
- Dan Castellaneta - Narrator in Super Mario Bros (1993 film).
- Danny Mann - Hewdraw & Thanatos in Kid Icarus: Uprising (2012 video game).
- Frank Welker
- Game Boy in Season 2 of Captain N: The Game Master (1992 cartoon).
- Goomba in Super Mario Bros (1993 film).