This is a page for Marty McFly quotes.
- "This is heavy."
- —Marty's remark at a point of interest 
- "What the hell is this?"
- —Marty, trying to outsmart Biff
Back to the Future
- "Damn, I'm late for school!"
- —On the phone with Doc 
- "Jesus Christ, Doc, you disintegrated Einstein!"
- — 
- "Wait a minute, Doc. Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?!"
- — 
- "Doc, you don't just walk into a store and buy... plutonium. Did you rip that off?"
- — 
- "NOOOOOOOO!!!!! YOU BASTARD!!!!
- —As Doc Brown dies
- "Holy shit! Let's see if you bastards can do ninety!"
- —Marty while trying to outrun the Libyans.
- "So, you're my Uncle Joey. Better get used to these bars, kid."
- "Doc, I'm from the future. I came here in a time machine that you invented. Now I need your help to get back to the year 1985."
- — 
- "Listen, George, if you do not ask Lorraine out then I'm gonna regret it for the rest of my life."
- — 
- "My name is Darth Vader. (heavy breathing) I am an extraterrestial from the planet Vulcan!"
- —Marty convincing his father to attempt getting Lorraine to like him.
- "God, how do you..."
- —Struggling with a Pepsi bottle, which George McFly opens with ease with the bottle opener built into the machine 
- "Well you're not gonna be picking a fight, Dad... Da.. Daddy-o!"
- —Marty covering up for nearly revealing to George that he was his father. 
- "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything."
- —Quoting Jennifer, who quoted Doc. 
- "All right. This is an oldie, but, uh... well, it's an oldie where I come from."
- — 
- "I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet... But your kids are gonna love it."
- —After Marty finishes his wild guitar performance, he notices everyone staring blankly at him. 
- "Oh, and one more thing, if you guys ever have kids and one of them, when he's eight years old, accidentally sets fire to the living room rug - go easy on him."
- — 
- "Damn it, Doc! Why did you have to tear up that letter. If only I had more time... Wait, a minute, I got all the time I want! I got a time machine! I could just go back early and warn him. All right. Let's see, ten minutes ought to do it. Time circuits on, Flux Capacitor... fluxing, engine running, all right! [the car dies]"
- "Everything looks great!"
- —Upon arriving in 1985. 
Back to the Future Part II
- "You're the Doc, Doc."
- —Marty's response to Doc's confusing scientific explanations.
Back to the Future Part III
"Eastwood, Clint Eastwood"
—Marty telling his fake name to Buford Tannen.
Sources and References
- ↑ Many of the best lines were not in the script when it was first filmed. In the last draft being filmed with Eric Stoltz, Marty said "Heavy duty" only once, and not all in 1955.
- ↑ In the original opening scene, Marty was at school already
- ↑ "Christ Almighty! You disintegrated Einstein!"
- ↑ only slightly changed: "Are you trying to tell me..."
- ↑ "Hold the phone, Doc -- plutonium's illegal."
- ↑ "Now what I'm about to say is going to sound incredible, but you're the only man on earth who'll believe it. (Pause). I'm from the future."
- ↑ "George, I'm telling you, if you don't ask Lorraine to that dance, you're gonna regret it for the rest of your life.. and I'm gonna regret it for the rest of mine."
- ↑ A joke not in the original script.
- ↑ Originally, "You're not picking a fight, you're coming to her rescue."
- ↑ This adage, passed from Marty to George in 1955, and requoted by George to his kids in 1985, was added later.
- ↑ Originally, Marty made a segue from Earth Angel to Johnny B. Goode with the words, "Follow me, fellas! Let's rock 'n roll!"
- ↑ The classic quote about heavy metal was in the film script in similar form.
- ↑ Surprisingly, there were no parting words from Marty to George and Lorraine in the prior script.
- ↑ Marty originally said "More time! I'll give myself some more time!" and nothing more until the engine died.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.