- "No tenemos suficiente carretera para ir a 140 kilómetros."
- "¿Carretera? Adonde vamos no necesitaremos... carreteras."
Back to the Future was redubbed into various languages for international release. There were two Spanish language versions. Regreso al futuro was dubbed by Sonoblok S. A. in Barcelona, Spain for European audiences, while in Latin America, the film was dubbed by different actors and re-released as Volver al futuro.
The subtitles on the DVD release of the Back to the Future Trilogy are from the script used to dub Regreso al futuro.
|Marty McFly||Michael J. Fox||Jordi Pons|
|Dr. Emmett L. Brown||Christopher Lloyd||Luis Posada Mendoza|
|Lorraine Baines McFly||Lea Thompson||Julia Gallego|
|George McFly||Crispin Glover||Miguel Ángel Valdivieso|
|Biff Tannen||Thomas F. Wilson||Xavier Angelat|
|Jennifer Parker||Claudia Wells||Nuria Mediavilla|
|Dave McFly||Marc McClure||Rogelio Hernández|
|Linda McFly||Wendie Jo Sperber||Azucena Díaz|
Señor Strickland describes Marty as "perezoso" (lazy), and refers to George as "un tonto".
The flux capacitor is rendered as "el Condensador de Fluzo"
- Rather than asking Doc if he's wearing a "Devo suit", Marty asks if he's wearing a spacesuit.
- Since Spain goes by the metric system, the DeLorean breaks the time barrier at 140 kilometers per hour (roughly 85 m.p.h.)
- Since the "World Series" of baseball is not well known in Spain, when Doc announces his plan to go 25 years into the future at the Twin Pines Mall he instead says that he will see who wins the next 25 World Cups, as soccer is a big game in Spain (and most of the world). Ideally, the dub should have said that Doc wanted to see who would win the next 6 World Cups, as the World Cup is quadrennial (once every four years).
- At Lou's Cafe, Marty asks for a Tab and Lou asks "What's that?" He then asks for a Diet Pepsi, and Lou says "That doesn't exist!"