- "A nerdy-looking kid sat at the counter [in Lou's Cafe], eating Rice Krispies and reading a comic book. He did not look up as Marty entered."
- —From Back to the Future by George Gipe (quote, page 86)
Rice Krispies was a breakfast cereal manufactured by Kellogg's.
George McFly was eating a bowl of this cereal while reading a comic book in Lou's Cafe on the morning of November 5, 1955 when Biff Tannen entered, along with his gang, and demanded to know if his homework assignment had been completed by George.
Behind the scenes
- In an act of product placement during Back to the Future, a box of another cereal product within the Kellogg's Rice Krispies range, Cocoa Krispies, was present in the McFly family kitchen in 1985, on top of the refrigerator. Two other Kellogg's breakfast cereals are also visible behind the Cocoa Krispies box, but the product names are almost completely obscured on-screen.
- In the novelization, George McFly is mentioned as eating Rice Krispies at Lou's Cafe (see Quote above), but this cannot count as an example of product placement during the movie as the cereal is never referred to by name, and no cereal box is visible.
- In the movie, George is not reading a comic book, or anything else, as he eats his Rice Krispies at Lou's Cafe. The comic book was added by George Gipe for the novelization.