The StarCar was a futuristic car in 2015.
Behind the scenes
- The StarCar was a fictional car which appeared in the 1984 science-fiction movie The Last Starfighter, and was built by Gene Winfield. The 1963 show car the Strip Star and the Spinner from the 1982 neo-noir science-fiction movie Blade Runner were also built by Winfield; both vehicles appeared in Back to the Future Part II as futuristic cars.
- The design of the StarCar was inspired by the DeLorean DMC-12, including its gullwing doors. However, the DeLorean DMC-12 would not become familiar to science-fiction movie fans as Dr. Emmett Brown's DeLorean time machine until the following year.
- The current whereabouts of the StarCar is unknown, but it is rumored to now be in France and been repainted red.
- The StarCar was built specially for The Last Starfighter, and thus has never entered mass production.
- The Last Starfighter star car! Where is it now? Hello? McFly! — Star Car Central - Famous Movie & TV car news! (see 'External links' below)