By 2015, taxicabs, like most vehicles, were able to fly, which rendered transportation much quicker than when they were road cars. However, the fares were much more expensive compared to the previous century.
On the same day, Biff Tannen followed the DeLorean, with Doc and Marty aboard, to Hilldale in Cab B25 from the Luxor Cab Company. Fred, the cab driver, had an intelligent parrot named Priscilla that could read the amount of the fare.
The cab had its own entertainment system consisting of "200 local channel stereo, mobile phone, food, beverage and snack dispensing systems". Biff may have made use of this facility to pass the time while the vehicle was stuck on the jammed Skyway C25.
Behind the scenes
- In Craig Shaw Gardner's novelization, which was based on the script for Paradox, the DeLorean nearly collides with not a taxicab but a vehicle described as "something that looked like nothing so much as a flying tractor-trailer" (quote, page 13), with the teamster leaning out of the window and yelling at Doc "Stay in your own lane, maxhole!" In the Paradox script, this term of abuse is spelled 'maxole', but this could simply be a misprint.
- The taxicab is now in France where it has been owned by the company Tadico Events since January 2019, and is operated under the name The DeLorean Experience and Luxor Cab DS Taxi.
- Back to the Future Part II (First appearance)
- Back to the Future Part II novelization
- Back to the Future: The Animated Series