Tiffany "Tiff" Tannen was Biff Tannen's daughter.
In an alternate timeline, where Irving "Kid" Tannen wasn't arrested, the Tannen Crime Family controlled Hill Valley, and renamed it Tannenville. When Marty McFly first experienced this timeline, Kid Tannen aimed a gun at him. When Marty's counterpart from the new timeline experienced this timeline, Tiff Tannen aimed a gun at him. In both instances, Marty was saved by Emmett Brown in his DeLorean time machine.
Behind the scenes
- "Tiffany on the other hand is the daughter of Lorraine and Biff-who-got-the-Almanac. Although her existence is difficult to imagine, she’d be Marty’s half-sister!"
- —Back to the Future: The Card Game FAQ
A character by the same name appears in the card game. However, she is clearly a different person to the character mentioned in the Telltale game, as her existence is dependent on the opening of Biff's casino and the jailing of Martin McFly, Jr., making her an alternate future descendant. It is likely, however that Tiffany would exist in both timelines, just under different circumstances. Any differences in personality would be a by-product of Biff's alternate methodology.
Tiffany was originally supposed to appear in Telltale's Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 3: Citizen Brown, however as the plot was streamlined Tiff's character was merged into that of 1986B Jennifer.
In IDW's Back to the Future: Continuum Conundrum comic, a girl named Tiffany attends Hill Valley High School with Marty McFly, and is friends with his girlfriend Jennifer Parker. She is approximately the same age and has a similar appearance, however it is unknown if this Tiffany is actually Tiff Tannen.
- Back to the Future: The Card Game (First appearance) (As Tiffany Tannen)
- Back to the Future: The Game
- Back to the Future (IDW Publishing)
Notes and references
- Back to the Future: The Card Game FAQ
- Revealed in the audio commentary on the Back to the Future: The Game DVD